Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hanna is upon us
Now only a tropical storm Hanna is pushing 50 knots maxand here in the cove I feel an occasional 40. The boat is fine sheltered from the surging water so far. High tideand a strong complementary breeze is a few more hours away.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

...tracking Hanna

Trying to decide if I can pick up my boat in the face of the first of three named winds coming our way in the next fortnite.
Saturday I should be in Solomons after sailing since daylight from the Northern Neck.
Sunday is the last leg getting into the marina before dark and should be windless.
Great sailing albeit rainy is forecast for Saturday but after a boisterous Friday overnight as Hanna's remains scatter across the area.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Posted on 30 Aug 2008 at 02:51 UTC

At the bar now and later on stage playin with my friend John Lusby.

Sequel - The Marine Survey is in

$200,000 valuation on the boat I'm buying for $173,000. Not bad.
No problems but some missing regulatory stickers for the fuel tanks and the safety equipment that can expires, has.

Good work by Kirby Smith at Tidewater Marine Services. His quote on the boat to Jay was "Bristol". This makes her old and new owners very proud.


Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion

Thursday, August 28, 2008


Put a call to a buyer on SCOW to see if I can get a member to buy the S/V Big Ease.

Here she is in a light breeze at sunset on the Chesapeake Bay. I'm going to miss this boat.






Everything is falling into place to purchase the S/V Seaquel.


Here is a sistership underway.

She has a very roomy layout: